Meal Prices 2019-2020
|Elementary School||Middle School||High School||All Schools|
|Full Pay||Reduced||Full Pay||Reduced||Full Pay||Reduced||Adult|
CHILD NUTRITION MEAL CHARGE POLICY
The School District offers nutritious school meals to students at a minimal cost. In order to avoid adversely affecting the school lunch program financially, the School Board establishes policy regarding the charging of school lunches. Negative student balances affect the ability of the lunch program to operate in a fiscally responsible manner.
- The District discourages the charging of student lunches. Students that have charged meals shall not exceed (PK-5th: $14.50) or (6th-12th: $15.75) in unpaid charges. If this amount is exceeded and not paid in a timely manner, then the student will be offered an alternate lunch.
- Notices of unpaid charge balances will be sent to the parents/guardians on a regular and consistent manner to avoid the lunch program carrying charge balances. All communications will be directly with the parent or guardian. Under no circumstances will a child receive a handstamp or any other physical marking to show that they have unpaid charge balances.
- If no response to unpaid lunch charges is received by the District from parents/guardians and several attempts are made to collect the balances, students will not be able to charge again until the charges are paid. All excessive balances may be subject to referral to a collection agency. The student will be provided an alternative meal.
- Employees of the District will need to pay for their breakfast and lunch daily.
- Parents who could be eligible are encouraged to apply for Free and Reduced Lunch under the federal government guidelines. Applications are available at the schools and on the district website.
Students will be treated with courtesy and respect regardless of whether or not the parent has provided payment to the school district. If a meal has been served to a child in error, the child will be allowed to consume the food that was provided to the student in error. Staff members will be instructed to adhere to this policy. If a staff member fails to adhere to the policy, disciplinary action shall be taken.