- Do not have any food or drinks near the Chromebook.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
- Chromebooks do not like when you touch their screen. In fact, they might react negatively by blurring or cracking themselves if you touch their screen too hard with any object. This includes your finger, a pen, a pencil or any other item.
- Do not place your Chromebook on uneven surfaces where they might be subject to an accidental fall.
- Avoid placing or dropping heavy objects on the top of the Chromebook.
- Do not block air flow when device is on. While your Chromebook does not get overly hot as a traditional laptop might, it does need to breathe.
- Chromebooks should not be used or stored near pets.
- Chromebooks should never be loaned to another student.
- Chromebooks have been labeled with a CPS asset tag. Please do not remove the tag.
- Transport Chromebooks with care.
- Chromebook lids should always be closed and tightly secured when moving. Do not carry your Chromebook while the screen is open.
- Unplug your Chromebook when it is not charging.
- Never move a Chromebook by lifting from the screen. Always support a Chromebook from its bottom with lid closed.
- The Chromebook screens can be easily damaged! The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen.
- Do not lean or put pressure on the top of the Chromebook when it is closed.
- Do not store the Chromebook with the screen in the open position.
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not poke the screen with anything that will mark or scratch the screen surface.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks)
A/C POWER ADAPTER
- The port on the power adapter is fragile – insert and remove with care every time.
CHARGING YOUR CHROMEBOOK
- The Chromebooks hold a charge for between 8-10 hours.
- Make sure to plug your Chromebook in when you are finished using it so that it is fully charged the next time you need it.
- Model - HP x360 Chromebooks need to be shut down each time, not just closed for sleep.
KEEPING YOUR CHROMEBOOK CLEAN
- Be sure to turn your Chromebook off and unplug it before you start the cleaning process.
- Use a disinfectant wipe to wipe the area first (MAKE SURE IT IS ONLY DAMP AND NOT WET TO THE TOUCH!), then use a soft, lint-free cloth, to dry the area.
- If a disinfectant wipe is unavailable, you may spray disinfectant on a clean, soft, lint-free cloth and proceed to clean your Chromebook with the damp cloth.
- Completely wipe the machine down and allow to air dry.
- After everything is dry, you can use a dry microfiber to buff the screen and remove any haze that might be lingering on the display from the disinfecting process.
- Do not use disinfectant wipes containing bleach or spray any disinfectant sprays straight onto the Chromebook.
- Do not use an extremely damp disinfectant wipe to clean the area. If your cloth or wipe is very damp they may need to be squeezed to remove some of the excess liquid before use.
- Do not allow the liquid from the disinfectant wipe to sit or pool on the area being disinfected for a long amount of time.
- Do not use rough towels or cloths to dry the area.
- Do not use excess force when disinfecting the area around the keyboard; this could damage the keys.